Data Modernisation in a Day, Teams – 17 September 2020
Microsoft invites you to a deep-dive, interactive exploration of how to migrate apps & databases to the cloud. We’re hosting a one-day workshop covering everything from whiteboarding migration strategies to hands-on experiences with data migration tools.
In this workshop, professionals in data management and technical decision-making roles will better understand:
- The reasoning and value of migrating apps and databases to Azure
- How to whiteboard a data migration strategy
- Tools & methods available to help you migrate your data
The morning session will focus on data migration use cases, cloud TCO value, common obstacles to avoid, and mapping out your migration/modernization strategy.
The afternoon session will be dedicated to hands-on training to help get you started on your cloud migration journey. Labs will focus on (1) using Microsoft Azure SQL Database Managed Instance to lift-and-shift your database to Azure, and (2) migrating a Line of Business application to Azure.
This free event is hosted on Teams, by applying to join using the form below you give permission:
- To be added as a guest to the ‘In-a-Day’ Teams group in order to access content during and post event.
- To join an online Teams session where your name and contact might be visible to other participants.