Data Modernisation in a Day, Teams – 23 July 2020
Microsoft invites you to a deep-dive, interactive exploration of how to migrate apps & databases to the cloud. We’re hosting a one-day workshop covering everything from whiteboarding migration strategies to hands-on experiences with data migration tools.
In this workshop, professionals in data management and technical decision-making roles will better understand:
- The reasoning and value of migrating apps and databases to Azure
- How to whiteboard a data migration strategy
- Tools & methods available to help you migrate your data
The morning session will focus on data migration use cases, cloud TCO value, common obstacles to avoid, and mapping out your migration/modernization strategy.
The afternoon session will be dedicated to hands-on training to help get you started on your cloud migration journey. Labs will focus on (1) using Microsoft Azure SQL Database Managed Instance to lift-and-shift your database to Azure, and (2) migrating a Line of Business application to Azure.
Please note that the pre-requisite lab setup exercises include the creation of Azure based resources, and that it is the registered user’s responsibility to cover the cost of these resources.
This free event is hosted on Teams, by applying to join using the form below you give permission:
- To be added as a guest to the ‘In-a-Day’ Teams group in order to access content during and post event.
- To join an online Teams session where your name and contact might be visible to other participants.