Next Steps Data Strategy
Own your data and empower your business
Data Strategy will enable enlightened business decisions and identify new opportunities with data. A data strategy sets out plans, policies and programs to drive a data culture within business. A starting point to empower its creation is through a review of current processes within the business for data acquisition, data governance, data ethics and data quality. The creation of a roadmap will provide defined objectives and actionable outcomes to help enhance the availability and use of data in IT and the Business.
Starting the data journey
Creating a data journey for your business that allows for a growth in data culture and innovation is important for success. Our guiding principles of our data services are all based around international standards, the DAMA-DMBoK (Data Management Book of Knowledge).
We focus on a data strategy that follows a set of data principles:
- All data is owned, managed, secured, and governed
- Data is managed throughout its lifecycle
- Data is available and visible whenever needed
- Information is an asset
- Use a data catalogue for visibility
- Data is fit for purpose and meets the business need
- There is a single version of the truth
- Data skills training for people to use data effectively
- Data ethical standards are followed
Our Data Strategy service includes:
- Vision: Where do we want to get to and how does this align with the Business Strategy?
- Business Objectives: What does it need to deliver, in what order and how will we measure its success?
- Business Case: What is this vision worth to the organisation and how does this compare to the likely cost of delivery?
- Context & Constraints: Where are we now and what are the challenges to delivery?
- Guiding Principles: How data should be used and how resources should be prioritised
Data management scope statement
Goals and objectives for planning, organisational roles, responsibilities clarified
Governance: How data and the operational processes should be controlled
Roles & Responsibilities: For both governance and delivery processes
High-Level Scope: Data sources, data types, types of processing, types of consumer etc.
IT Requirements & Technology Plan: High-level architecture, how it will be built and operated
Data management implementations roadmap
Creation of a data management program strategy plan that considers how this is embedded in the business.
Coeo are trusted analytics and data management experts, delivering technology strategy and support for businesses who need to get the most from their data.
We architect, optimise and migrate mission-critical transaction processing systems and deploy business intelligence solutions that win business confidence and deliver insight.